Friday 26 April 2013

Achievement Unlocked!

After downloaded so many songs and 3 piano sheets, I decided to try out one of it. So I picked Yasashi Kimochi from Maid-sama. It is the easiest one among the 3.

Not forgetting, I decided to clear up my folder also. So I basically throw away all the old piano sheets, which is given by people... Mostly songs I am not really interested in. I only left River Flows in You and Canon in D.

Yasashi Kimochi basically means warm/gently atmosphere. In the anime, this music is usually played when Usui and Misaki are having their really sweet moments... The most memorable moment one of course is at the last episode, when they finally confess their true feelings and.... KISS~

I got so frustrated in the beginning because I just can't get the beats right, and always press the wrong key! I told myself, if you can't cope this song, don't talk about the others... I know, I certainly know that there are just too many good musics on the net which I want to try, really badly, but the difficulty level is out of my capability to do so... I took this song as my own exam, for sight-reading and presentation. Is really different from the usual pieces I played.

So far, I played mostly classical period songs, those old but grand pieces from famous composers like Mozart, Beethoven, etc. Those piece are far more complicated from the current age ones. A lot of turnings, dynamics and ornaments.

When I played Yasashi Kimochi, I feel so different. It is actually quite simple. The bass is just major chords and the melody is repeating, The style of the whole song is basically the same. Simplicity is beauty. I love this piece very much. After few hours of practice, I finally can play it! Not mastered, but at least I get the beats and keys right. The finger position troubled me the most in the beginning. Usually in the book, the fingering is given, by if you download pieces from net, it usually won't come with the fingering, you have to figure it out by yourself. So I just try and error lo...

1 down, 2 more to go. Muryoku Koritsu is the 2nd one I downloaded, from Maid-sama's too. Is more complicated one compared with Yasashi Kimochi. I thought a C major song will be easier... But I am so wrong... 3rd one will be Inshie Mahou from Fairy Tail. I didn't dare to flip to that page also...

I am a greedy person, now I discover another good piece from Maid-sama which is I'm Not Alone... The flows of music is really soothing... But it has 4 damn sharps! Never try piece with more than 3 sharps before... Challenge Accpeted? Maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment